Sundays at YPBC
What to Expect on Sundays at Yorkminster Park –
Easy ways to get to church:
By public transit: We are conveniently located one block north of the St Clair subway station on the Yonge Line, at 1585 Yonge St on the northeast corner of Yonge St and Heath. (The subway starts running at 9 am. St Clair has street car service and buses run on Yonge St.) View a Google Map.
By car: Church parking is on the north side of the building accessed off Glen Elm Ave and public parking is available at two Green P parking lots on either side of Yonge Street, south of the church. Your parking ticket can be validated at the Information Desk in the church lobby/narthex for free Sunday morning parking.
You can enter the church building through the main doors on Yonge St. or through the Yorkminster Park Centre doors closer to the parking lot. There are Greeters at both locations to assist you.
Times for worship:
Our Sunday morning service is at 11 a.m. and the evening service is at 7 p.m. At special times during the Christian calendar the evening service may be at 4:30 pm. and these will be clearly posted on the Home Page and Preaching Schedule. Services last approximately one hour. There are Youth worship services on the last Sunday of each month at 11 a.m. in Cameron Hall in the Yorkminster Park Centre.
Styles of worship:
Both the morning and evening sanctuary services are traditional, and each is accompanied by our Senior Choir. The Youth Choir performs monthly. Services of worship include Bible readings, prayers, choir anthems, congregational hymn singing and a sermon/homily. Bibles and hymn books are provided. A free will offering is an act of worship at Yorkminster Park. The sacrament of Holy Communion is conducted during the worship service on the first Sunday of every month in our morning service, and the third Sunday of every month in the evening. The evening service has a more intimate feel, and once monthly is in the form of an Iona liturgy. Four times per year, the evening service is a Choral Evensong.
The Youth Service is contemporary in music and liturgy and is open to all. There is no dress code for any of our worship services.
Our morning service is webcast. This will give you a clear understanding of how we worship at Yorkminster Park.
Sunday Morning Programs:
- The church nursery for newborns to two years old is open from 10:50 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and is located on the lower level of the Yorkminster Park Centre at the north end.
- All young children can join in a Singalong in the Friendship Room in the Yorkminster Park Centre, just inside the main doors, from 10:30 to 10:50 a.m. Parents are welcome.
- Sunday School classes for toddlers to Junior High are held during the morning worship. Children attend the 11 am service and gather at the front of the sanctuary with the minister at approximately 11:15 am for a story prior to going off to their respective classes.
- Senior High classes are held at 11 a.m. in the Youth Zone on the 3rd floor of the Yorkminster Park Centre. Many of the youth then attend the 11 a.m. service or volunteer in the Sunday School. On the 4th Sunday of each month they have their own Youth Service, called Doxa, in Cameron Hall at 11 a.m.
- Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. there are a variety of classes for Bible study and for those interested in exploring Church membership and the Baptist faith distinctives.
After the Service:
There is always time for fellowship immediately after our morning worship. Coffee and sweets are offered in the lobby/narthex of the church and all are welcome. Periodically, receptions are held in the Friendship Room or Art Gallery in the Yorkminster Park Centre, to which all are most welcome.